Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 27, 2006

You Will Not Recognize This Kid

If you have not seen Kaitlyn in the last couple of weeks, you will not recognize her. Here are a couple of things she has started doing in the last week or so.

She is talking so much now it is unbelievable. The four roadtrips we have made to KC this past month have been interesting with her pointing out all of the cows. She would say, "Hi Cow," "Big Cow," and "Cow".

Since this summer we have been counting more with her. Today, I said "one" to start counting and she said "two" very clearly. I said "one" again later in the day and she said "two" again. The inflection in her voice was perfect too as if to go to three.

Again, the car ride is fun with her. She loves her Veggie Tales CD and sings, "la-la-la" to it all the time now. She loves the "If You Are Happy And You Know It" song too.

During her first year, I would read every update and milestone chart on what she would be doing every month. I still do somewhat with the "What To Expect During the Toddler Years," but I just can't believe that we are moving at such a fast pace even now. This summer I wondered when she would put two words together and talk more, count more, etc., and now I have my answer. I am completely entertained with her. I take her to go grocery shopping and I accidently bump into someone (Before Thanksgiving, it was a madhouse.) and I said "I am sorry." Kaitlyn then says, "Sorry," too. What a surprise for me, I tell you what.

I invite you to come with us shopping. As most of you moms who have little ones, you will think that I am crazy to take her because she can't sit still. Of course this is true, but if I am fast and I give her a little sample of something in the store here and there, she is perfect. Also, she is turning into quite the helper with wanting to pick things up and put them in places. Today, I had her organize all the soft drinks in the little fridge. Ha, just kidding, but she did do very well placing the drinks in the fridge, one-by-one.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You just wait, kiddo...there's more to come as you round the bend to 2. We like to say we didn't have to experience the Terrible 2's---it was so fun! (I attribute it to early spanking, beginning as soon as defiance was visible.)

I'm glad you're enjoying Kaitlyn so much!