Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

Thought I would blog some random thoughts this morning as the last couple of weeks I have been making it a habit on Monday mornings to post something. Right now, Jackson is sleeping, Kaitlyn is at school for the morning, and it is the calm before the storm. Once Jackson wakes up, I will have to feed him and then we are off to a Kindermusik class, which he loves, and then to pick Kaitlyn up from school. I must rush to pick her up because she stays late so we can go to the class. Then come home, make lunch for all of us, including Jackson as he is starting baby food, and then off to take naps. It is quite a day, Monday that is.

This morning started out normal until Kaitlyn decided she didn't like the shirt she was wearing. I did indulge her this morning and she finally ended up with a shirt with a happy face on it and a skirt. Since it is going to be 80 today, okay fine, but it is still a little cold this morning and they go play on the playground so I put leg warmers on her called Baby Legs. She at first fought me on those, but I told her that she should show all of her friends at school. She liked that idea. Man, my brain may not be getting a good workout like it used to, but I certainly have to be more creative than ever. I have got to be one step ahead of Kaitlyn all of the time. Sometimes I don't even realize how she starts down one path and leads us to what she is wanting in the first place. Ahhh, she knows!

I just keep wondering how Jackson is going to pick up on this. Our biggest challenge right now with Kaitlyn is the whining and crying. I am trying to stay consistent, and am wondering how we can get out of this stage. It has driven me to insanity a couple of times, however, I think I am developing an immunity because Brandon is the one dealing with it on the weekends.

I have to laugh now because Kaitlyn has developed a huge curiosity of restaurant bathrooms. For the last month, any time we have gone to a restaurant, we have made at least two pit stops for potty time. I don't want to tell her no the other times because sometimes she does need to go a couple of times. I can tell you all of the nice bathrooms around us for sure!

Jackson is going to be six months on Saturday! Yeah, and he is just a sweetie. I don't want him to grow out of this stage. Now I know what is ahead of us as he gets older and he can stay six months! I loved this stage best with Kaitlyn too. Of course, I love all of the stages as they have been great so far, but it has definitely gotten more challenging, always enjoyable, as they grow.

No comments: