Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 01, 2010

Anyone there?

I haven't posted in forever. Is anyone still checking?

Well, I got out the camera cause I need to take some momentous pictures of Jackson. I was planning to start potty training with him this weekend, but after a Saturday seminar with Love and Logic Doc Jim Fay, it got me thinking about getting Jackson excited first.

I got excited about going this morning and pulled out all of his fun potty stuff like Buzz Lightyear underwear and Ernie underwear. He also liked the potty seat and pull-ups. He sat on there and it was funny because he was looking to me about how to get up there. He would turn one way and then another. And just looked puzzled, how do I put myself on this thing?

He then sat and looked proud that he did it. We practiced with pulling up underwear, etc. and then watched Potty Power. He was excited. I just wish Kaitlyn (at school) was here to help. I know she is a good example and has been a little mommy to him lately.

We are definitely ready for him to be in the big leagues with Kaitlyn. Of course, it is convenient in the beginning not to have to worry about asking or making sure he goes to the bathroom every 30 minutes, but I am crossing my fingers he will catch on fast since we waited a little longer to make sure he was interested and ready.

Here are some random pics and I will post some more of him on the potty. It is just so cute. Only 8 more weeks or possibly 6 (if induced early) until #3 comes. Just going through all of the baby stuff is so fun, but there is still so much to do before he comes! Do I look huge?


2 comments:

erin.n.walsh said...

Of course we are still here! Thanks for the post. I am thinking about when to start Cadence on the potty train :)

zaf_fam_tx said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! Nice to see you Saturday. And oh, I am still checking the blog. I love The Meches!!!