Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter 2007

Okay, so I have been into pictures for the last hour from this weekend and springtime looking at how much Kaitlyn has changed. I must admit, it is amazing how little kids show you how time goes by so quickly. I usually mark time passing with all the different memories from holidays, but it now has been everyday trying to keep up with my changing daughter.

First of all, I have this timeline in my head of how we can try to accomplish everything we need to before baby Jackson Meche arrives; however, I think Kaitlyn can read my mind before I even think things. She went number 2 on the potty this weekend and pushed and everything with some help. I am just so happy to see her evolving into a little girl. I was going to wait until after our trip to Destin to really pull all the potty training together with a "potty party." But now, I think we will have to see if we can't get this started earlier.

And second of all, she is saying sentences now. What? Where did this come from? Saying phrases like, "I see you," "Daddy's milk," or "I love you." She is a wiggle worm and has climbed out of the crib this week, which is another to-do on my list: moving her to a big-girl bed. We hope to have that all arranged and re-do her room in the next month.

It is ironic that we are planning to paint her room pink because when we moved into the house her room was pink with a few pink bows around. We painted over it because it was going to be our office at the time.

Well, this Easter weekend, was so cold - Snow in Dallas and freezing rain/mix in Ville Platte. Who would have thought it? We went to be with Brandon's family as they have a crawfish boil/Easter celebration complete with an Easter Egg hunt every year. Kaitlyn loved pocking eggs as is the tradition and looking for eggs with money inside. She liked playing with the money too.

Brandon brought water balloons and here is a little clip of what the boys did this weekend. (You may hear a hilarious laugh at the end. That is my laugh as Brandon makes me laugh so much with his sound effects.)
As for us Meche girls and Kaitlyn, we pocked eggs, had the kids play with the pinata, eat crawfish, play with puppies and visit with family in Ville Platte, LA. Kaitlyn loved the yard and has just exploded with conversation in the last few days.



She was the official greeter of the crawfish boil. She greeted each family as they arrived at the farm. She was very excited to see everyone. I think she spent the rest of the weekend trying to recover from all the excitement on Friday. Here she is in her Easter dress this year.

No comments: