Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 09, 2008

Attacking the pile

So friends out there who love photos, you will know what I mean, when I say, I am attacking the pile. I have had a huge box, and basically, my pile of photos to be filed, put in books, for scrapbooks just sitting around. I know this is a huge project, and so I let it sit. I know I need a lot of time to work through what I am going to do with everything, but told myself I didn't have the time. The toughest part is getting started.

Finally, I have been inspired. When I was in KC in April, I went with my two wonderful cousins to Hobby Lobby, just so happened to be a huge scrapbooking sale going on, and bought scrapbooking stuff for albums. They also gave me insight into how they are preserving their family memories. I have now devised a plan of attack and have worked a little bit on it every night. I am wading through a couple of years of photos, and it hasn't been too bad because I did try to keep somewhat organized at the time.

And to make things even better, I just received the Exposures catalog. They are having a huge sale on photo albums right now. I can't wait!

So here is my plan: I have a baby scrapbook album for the first year of both kiddos. I will have a scrapbook for each kiddo going forward and just make a two spread layout for each birthday and then another spread or two for the year's highlights. I will then have a family book just for the holidays and special highlights.

Other than that I will have yearly photo albums with the year embossed on each. The photo albums in Exposures allow you to add or remove pages so I can probably do a book a year, I hope. It sounds like a lot of work, but really in a year's time, I think it is a reasonable goal. Also, I plan to contact friends who love to scrapbook. This is the bring a buddy to workout strategy, then you will definitely have to scrapbook!!

If anyone has any other helpful ideas, send them my way. I hope to be on my way to photo organization heaven soon!

No comments: