Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What to do...

So I should be cleaning up the house, but I just have too much on my mind. I went to a Get Organized seminar on Monday night. How wonderful. The consultant was great. She gave us so many helpful tips, great family night suggestions and resources. I love it! I am now in the process of writing out a list of what I need to get organized with the tips she suggested. Love it!

Sooo, I thought I would share some of the tips here. If you are organized, maybe you are already doing this. As for me, not so much. I definitely need more time management tools to get me through the day so I can not feel behind all of the time. My weakness is putting the kids to bed and then sitting with Brandon watching our fav shows or a movie. Most of the time, I am too tired to move off of the couch.

I have already started to change some habits. Kaitlyn helped me for an hour yesterday morning while Jackson slept. She helped load the dishwasher, fold underwear, sweep and pull weeds. I am working with her so she can get to a point of doing one chore on her own a day. And I will say, she is really good at folding her own underwear.

So moving on to the helpful tips.

1. Use Velveeta cheese boxes when you are done as drawer organizers and toliet rolls to hold extension cords.
2. Organizing the mail. Use a file crate and make files 1-31 and then 1-12. So the mail that has a deadline in July, put in July, etc. When you are ready for July, say on June 30, take the July things and sort them into the 1-31 so you know which things have to get down on which days. And just take it out for the day to do.
3. When you are going to have company or selling a house, warm the oven and throw a small cap full of vanilla in the oven. It will make the house smell like cookies.
4. Have weekly menus and rotate on a master list
5. Freeze your cake and when you are ready to ice it, the icing won't take cake crumbs in it
6. Use Vistaprint.com for free business/calling cards. Good for everyone to have on hand so when you run into someone you have your information right there to give

No comments: