Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 04, 2008

Uh-Oh...

So I have recently found a new online love, facebook.com. As Shelley puts it, crack book. I have found so many friends from high school and college that I haven't talked to in forever. So cool.

That aside, what a nice weekend, besides the triple digit temps, we packed a lot into just three little days. On Friday, Brandon and I left the kiddos with Gigi and Big Daddy and went to check out a resort in Tyler, thought it would be fun and get a few rewards. Turned out not to be fun and went straight to the John Mayer concert. We have managed to go to one concert a year for the last three years. It has kind of turned into a little tradition.

Here are some photos.


On Saturday, Spencer, Christy and Maggie came and we all jumped in the pool with Gigi and Big Daddy. Man, what a relief, we had an umbrella up for some shade in the pool and the kids enjoyed that. It was so hot we didn't even leave the house to get dinner than night. We ordered takeout!

We had fun just hanging out, and Uncle Spinny gave all the kiddos a ride!



On Sunday, I drove with Meredith and Tiffany to see Rebecca and her new baby boy - Brock - in Austin. He is so tiny around 6 pounds. Just adorable. All the family looks great for little sleep.



And lastly, I would like to send up a little prayer request. I hate to end this post on a sad note, but in the last week, I have heard of two events that made me so sad. A college sorority sister (April Durio Lieder) lost her new baby boy, Evan Andrew, last Tuesday. When he was born, his heart just gave out. Also, Patti Dallhoff, a gal whose husband works with Brandon, lost a dear friend. One of her good friends lost their little boy, Carston who was 4 years old, to drowning in the pool on Friday. Please pray for these families as they grieve for their little boys. I will post any updates if I hear of any.

1 comment:

Laura P said...

ok. . it's Laura Penny (Harri) again. I LOVE facbook. . totally addicted too.
I am SO saddened to hear of sweet April's baby passing, and of the poor family with the tragic drowning. Gosh. I will definately be praying for those families. Thanks for posting about it