Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

What a day...

What a day it has been. Kaitlyn's last day of camp and swim lessons. Man I am worn out, but... I had to write about one story and post some pics.



So last night I was putting Kaitlyn to bed and before I get to that... We are working hard for her to go to sleep on her own without crying out or needing several different things. Bedtime has always been a bit of a struggle, but her sleep habits have been changing a bit lately. So I left her to go to sleep on her own and she was upset, so I went in and said it is your job to go to sleep and mommy and daddy have their jobs too. And I repeated the rules - must be still, quiet and close your eyes.

Kaitlyn then said that I like to water the plants and asked if that was going to be what I was doing. Also, that I like to water the plants. And that the plants need water. Not that this is any big thing, but I thought it was neat how she had a logical sequence of events or stayed on one topic. Of course, I didn't linger and left. She went to bed and is continuing to improve.

So Jackson has been cracking himself up lately. He loves to climb into Kaitlyn's big chair and sit in it. It is like he is getting cozy in it. He loves to climb in and then climb out. It just makes him so happy and giggles too.



1 comment:

Ali said...

Hi Sara
I found your blog off of Judy's site a while back and check in every now and then. Your kids are so adorable! You can find our blog off the link on Judy's site or directly at http://sydneylord.blogspot.com
Hope all is well. Take care,
Ali (Gidel) Lord