Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Flat Tuesday

Well, it has been a "Flat" Tuesday. We all got ready this morning preparing to take Kaitlyn to her Mother's Day Out "Camp," and my back tire was completely flat. Needless to say, we didn't go anywhere, and I have been on the phone and computer for an hour and a half after Jackson was put down for a nap and Kaitlyn started watching Curious George.

After scheduling someone to come change it, I finally got a hold of Brandon and he said he would come home to fix it. And now, I have put off the inevitable, getting new tires. They were almost bald anyway, so now it is off and running to find a good price on good tires.

So we have been busy, we had a little pool shindig with some Baylor friends on Sunday to try the wine we made in April. I also had a great recipe for a summer salad to go with the wine. I knew it was difficult to host something at our house with two little ones, but we gave it a great try. I think everyone had fun seeing one another and that is what counts. We played Rock Band and played in the pool a little bit. I can see how Rock Band is very addicting.

It made for a hectic time for us hosts because the food came out later. I had grand plans of everyone being outside, but everyone came inside to eat. Then for the babies, I think that was tough because it was loud. So that is how it goes when it is 50 million degrees outside, even the pool was warm.

Jackson is cutting three teeth at once. They are all almost showing. He is crawling like crazy and loves to chase Kaitlyn around. We are working on sharing with Kaitlyn. She loves to take everything Jackson gets interested in.

I think we have all caught a little cold because both kiddos have had a hard time breathing at night and last night I felt my throat getting really sore. I have no idea where it came from, but I wish I didn't catch everything they get. I think I have been sick at least 5 or 6 times a year for the past three years! They tell you to expect to not get any sleep after having kids, but they don't tell you that you will be more sick after having kids, catching all their stuff!

Here are some photos from July so far.

1 comment:

Shelley Roberts said...

Pool, wine, Baylor and babies... sounds like my type of place! Wish we could see you all! My "biggest" boy has an ear infection right now. Apparently there is something going around. I didn't know anybody past the age of ten that still gets ear infections, but apparently 34 years olds still get them. Hope you feel better soon!