Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 02, 2009

25 Random Things about Sarah Meche

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I am a coupon-aholic. I clip coupons out of the Sunday paper every Sunday and save about $15 a week in groceries.

2. My husband and I have a secret code. We can communicate across a crowded room with our secret signs. We also have ESP. Whenever I say something random, he is usually thinking it too. Random!

3. My hair is graying a lot and I am desperately trying to cover it up. Growing old gracefully is not for me. I like my brown hair.

4. I have a secret passion to write a book one day. I would love to author a children's book or teen novel. I used to read Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High all the time!

5. I almost didn't make it to Baylor. Finances were tight and the decision wasn't finalized until June when it was time for orientation. Student loans weren't too bad. I loved Baylor and it was one of my best experiences.

6. My passion is snow skiing. Don't get to do it much, but love it when I get a chance. My second ski trip in high school, I went down the wrong trail and accidentally fell off about 15 feet onto a bunny slope. Almost landed it, but it didn't stop me from skiing.

7. The summer of 8th grade I went to Mexico for 13 days with Girl Scouts. It was an eye-opening experience. We saw so much of the culture and a lot of poverty.

8. I am tired of the news. I would like to keep it off all of the time, except for weather and sports to hear about college stuff. I wish I could, but it draws me in.

9. I have tried to live my life without regrets and live for the moment, but I do have some regrets about some of the relationships and friendships I have had. I wish I could meet up with them now for coffee and talk. What a different perspective now.

10. I would do absolutely anything for a friend. If a friend is need of anything, I am there. I am loyal and kind.

11. Navigating being a parent and learning to be a good parent has been my biggest accomplishment and challenge. I like what my dad says - Just love them. Love is all you need. I try to live by this as a parent.

12. I can't live without Mexican food. Absolutely no way!

13. I want to have more children.

14. Such a great saying: Be Kind for you never know what battle someone is fighting. I really like it because you never know what a person has been through.

15. My favorite show of all time is Friends. I have the box set and have watched every episode at least three times. I used to watch in the middle of the night when I nursed Jackson and Kaitlyn. It was good because sometimes we would fall asleep in the chair and it kept me up to pay a little attention.

16. I love to make Kaitlyn and Jackson laugh everyday. I try to come up with little things to be traditions, but I have found they just come on their own like Kaitlyn and I going shopping together or our once a year family trips.

17. I have to have sleep. If I don't get at least 8 hours, I can't function. Although, I have learned to function better on less sleep with kids, but still love it and need it.

18. I have always wondered why people get piercings in weird places. Is it to be cool? Doesn't it hurt? What purpose does it serve?

19. I love to order chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, roll, gravy and green beans if the restaurant has it. It is one of my favorite meals. Who cares if it is 1400 calories? It is finger-licking good!

20. I always wanted to take a trip to New York City, for a while I wanted to move there, even. I couldn't get myself out of Texas. I used to get books on New York City. I am 31 and have only been to NYC for a 24-hour business trip. One of these days, I will make it there!

21. I don't think I can live without a pool now. We have had a pool for 6 years and even though we only use it about 5 months out of the year, those 5 months are the best!

22. One of the best natural wonders of the world that I have seen in my life was in Hawaii. It was a geothermal pool on the Big Island. It was better than a hot tub, it was relaxing and surrounded by beautiful trees. The beach was only a couple of steps away. Only the locals know about it or if you are like us, pick up the Blue Book on Hawaii (Best Hawaii Tourist Books ever).

23. I am not a big drinker, but I am beginning to see how a glass of wine at the end of a long day, it definitely what the doctor ordered.

24. Can I say ditto to my friend Shelley Roberts' 25 random things? I never would have imagined myself with two kids, married and a stay at home mom by the time I was 30.

25. I love being random, spontaneous and excited. I am super independent, but have found that Brandon really does fill in all of the blanks. Ahhhh, hubby!

No comments: