Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It is Kaitlyn's Birthday! A Poem for Kaitlyn from Mommy

Kaitlyn Magdalene Meche is 4 Today!

Oh sweet daughter of mine
How you have grown over time

You are curious, funny and sweet

Oh how you have lit up our lives

Being 4 is going to be so neat!



This week we made a little poster - Celebration of Life - for her school. Her school doesn't sing happy birthday, but we make a poster with a picture of every year of life from the time she was born to today celebrating every year of life. She then walks around the school so everyone can celebrate with her. It was so amazing to go through old photos and to say old photos were just three years ago, blows my mind.

On this day, four years ago, I spent 14 hours in labor, 2 and a half pushing like I was running a marathon until she came; So perfect with all her fingers and toes, waiting to greet her mommy and daddy. She didn't come quietly, she made her debut with a loud cry and a soft whisper when she heard her mommy's voice. She was such a happy baby. She was a curious and active toddler and has become an imaginative preschooler.

I could never have imagined having a daughter like her. She is so strong and independent, but so very attached and sweet at the same time. I am stunned by how much she wants to learn. I know I am telling her a great story or telling her something she is interested in when her eyes focus and she has a super thoughtful look.

Today, I gave Kaitlyn a choice of two toys to bring down from the attic to play with since they have been up for awhile. She said, "Hmm, let me think." It was so cute and then she really sat for a minute and thought about what she wanted more.

She is ready to go at a drop of a hat and is always up for an adventure. She will be the first to raise her hand to do something, and the first one to meet friends when they come to our house. Kaitlyn is an animal lover, an artist, peanut-butter enthusiast, a loving sister, book worm and wonderful daughter.

She has brought me more joy than I could have imagined being her mother as well as more worry, because I know I could not be without her.

Happy 4th birthday sweet, beautiful daughter!

1 comment:

zaf_fam_tx said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE IS FOUR! Where has the time gone. Give her a hug and kiss from Jason, Judy, Noah, and Baby Z!