Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sleep, Sleep, Wake Up

While this birthday has come and then passed very quickly, we have kept our plates full with a little bit of everything. And this is why I have not blogged in a week and sorry for no photos of Kaitlyn lately, but more will be coming!

Since we were in town for a weekend, I thought it was going to be quiet and peaceful, but it was not. We went to a little pool party with Brandon's old work friends. There Kaitlyn played with two other little girls and imitated them the whole time. They taught her how to dance and held her in the pool. She was completely happy with doing whatever they did. It was really cute to watch her with other little girls who loved playing with her.

Then on Saturday, we had Kaitlyn's little friends and their parents over for one last swim time. Kaitlyn kept giving Zoe a hug and remembered her from the past couple of weeks of playtime. We met Zoe and her mom, Katie at Baby Swim class and they are very sweet. Kaitlyn's other friends, Caroline and Ian, played around too and kept us entertained with riding toys and in the pool.



Sunday wasn't fun as Kaitlyn started a 102 fever and was up that night as well as Monday and Tuesday nights. She caught a little virus and I think she is starting to do better today. Even though I haven't had as much sleep, I am doing great. I think it is from the early days with Kaitlyn and now I have my "Parental Immunity" where you are now immunized from being too tired from lack of sleep. Of course, it is nothing like when you have a newborn, I felt like I earned my stripes again this week.

Today, Ms. Brenda called to see how Kaitlyn was doing and we are excited to hear that she is a busy nanny for three families now. Ms. Brenda took care of Kaitlyn last year when I was still at 7-Eleven. If you see this, Ms. Brenda, please stop by. I know Kaitlyn would love to see you! :)

1 comment:

Shelley Roberts said...

I know there is a virus going around here that involves a fever and ends with little red spots on baby. One of my friends has a 1 year old little boy that just had it. I hope Kaitlyn feels better soon!