Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 05, 2007

The first two days

Yesterday and today have been the first two days where I have been home all day with two kids. Yes, we are pretty fortunate to have had help for several weeks now.

The mornings are not too bad and I actually have been able to take showers. Although, I have been up way too early. When 12:30 pm comes around, that is when it gets crazy. It is time to get Kaitlyn ready to take a nap and make sure Jackson is fed or sleeping before I start the process with Kaitlyn. I think he senses it because he has been hard to get to go back to sleep around this time of day. I fought with Kaitlyn yesterday to take a nap for a really long time. I think she was overtired as she didn't go to sleep the night before until 10 pm and then had to go to school all morning. Today, it was crazy for about an hour and a half. Kaitlyn fell asleep on her own in a very short amount of time. Jackson got overtired as his pacifer kept falling out. It took me awhile to get him to go sleep. Ahh, if only nap time was simple.

I think we are going to make it though! We will have to test the waters next week on actually getting out of the house with me and two kiddos on my own to the store or something.

As I have repeatedly stated in the hospital after Jackson, anything is easier than being 9 months pregnant and taking care of Kaitlyn. Carrying Jackson around the last month and a half was so grueling that I am just thankful that I can now run around! I still feel how light I am now compared to August and am still amazed about it.

Well, off to try and take a nap while it is still quiet.

No comments: