Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 14, 2007

A couple of setbacks

What a week! Kaitlyn is sick. I am sick. Brandon is sick. And Jackson is sick. And my mom got sick while helping out this week. We all have the same cold! As soon as Jackson is over jaundice, he catches a cold. Poor thing! The doctor's office knows him really well now!

Since we have had to introduce a bottle early because of the jaundice, we have had some setbacks with nursing, and I was really worried this week about it. Luckily, I was able to call on a free lactation nurse hotline for some help. It has worked so far. Yeah!

I forgot how this whole eating thing takes such a long time, and will have to wait to see if any patterns develop after he gets better.

Kaitlyn and I enjoyed some time at the park and she loved school this week. She is definitely feeling the loss of some attention from her mommy and is acting out. I feel so badly about it because I want to give Jackson a lot of attention as well. I think I am on the right track though to work through it by letting help and attention come for Kaitlyn and trying to have our little activities while Jackson sleeps.

We had some visitors come this week to bring dinner, and that has helped bring some normalcy into our lives. Thanks to our friends John and Amy Woodard, Rebecca Palmer and friends from my mom's group like Ellen who have set up some friends to bring dinners this next week.

Around two weeks, we took some black and whites of Kaitlyn so here are a few of Jackson from today. Enjoy! It was awefully cute to take them and see him falling asleep. When I have a chance, I will send a Kodak Gallery of all the photos in B/W.





1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sarah, hang in there...I know it seems like life with 2 will NEVER "click", but you just have to focus on one need at a time--whichever is most pressing. Kaitlyn will bounce right back from all this within a few weeks; now's your chance to just focus on loving and feeding Jackson, one nursing at a time.

Remember my rule of thumb for new mommies: 3 months after each baby 'til some semblance of normalcy kicks in...don't expect it before then, but do look forward to it!