Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 23, 2007

One Long Day

September so far has felt like one long day. We have been so fortunate to have friends and family cook for us. It has been a relief as we try to sneak a bite here or there in between taking care of Kaitlyn and Jackson. They don't seem to sleep in the afternoon at the same time for very long and then trying to catch up on getting a shower or other things does get in the way of sleeping. I don't know how I am doing it with as little as four hours of sleep, but the body keeps on going. As long as I am not going out of the house too much, we are all a-okay that way.

So that is the update for me. Jackson seems to be doing better. He still has the occasional cough, but not like last week where he would go all morning with reflux and then congestion from a cold as well. I think there is still some of the cold left, but I hope we can start getting better about going to sleep for the little guy.

Kaitlyn is great and is calling him her baby brother. She said today he can call her K.K. She is pretty happy these days and is getting so much better about going down for a nap and to bed at night. All of August and part of September have been a nightmare in that department. It would take her an hour or more to go to sleep. It was part of adjusting to going to sleep without her pacifier. We are finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah!

Now Brandon's mom is coming to help out this week after my mom has helped us out for two weeks. I don't know how I am going to do it once she leaves, but I am going to enjoy having help this week for sure! I think Kaitlyn has definitely benefited from the extra attention to make the transition a little easier.

It will definitely be a fun October!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

One month down, just one or two more to go until you may feel strangely like you are on the verge of "normalcy" again...a NEW normal, that is! Keep on keeping on, and don't lose heart--each new family member is hard to adjust to, but the joy on the other end is worth it, no?