Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 07, 2007

A precious gift

Can you believe this is me going into the hospital as I was having a contraction last Saturday?



Well, there are so many things to write and so many things to remember from this week. I have wanted to write an update earlier; however, time has not permitted it and sleep deprivation is going to my brain.

First, we had our precious Jackson Benjamin Meche on Saturday, September 1. We had no idea what we were in for when we woke up that day. I started feeling contractions at 1 pm and got to the hospital at 2:45 with very strong, regular contractions. They worsened just as the nurse was going to order the epidural and then it went from bad to worse where I just involuntarily started pushing. It was amazing how everything just went so fast and without me doing anything except be in a lot of pain. The epidural finally came through, thank goodness for a good CRN there and the pain eased up before the head crowned and Jackson was born at 4:56 pm.

He had his eyes wide open almost immediately and only gave a couple of soft cries. He is so sweet. The grandparents and Kaitlyn didn't even have time to wait as they started arriving about thirty minutes later.

We had so many visitors on Sunday. It was really nice. For me, I was worn out, Jackson too. But great surprises. The Green family surprised us with a visit and we didn't even know they were in town. Yeah!

Now this week, Kaitlyn has just loved on Jackson, but hasn't really been able to be too involved as he is sleeping so much or eating or she is sleeping or trying to go to sleep. She is so sweet on him and I haven't seen too much jealously yet. She does get very upset if I don't put her to bed. We are still working on getting the routine down.




This week, we have had absolutely no sleep and I have been a wreck, emotionally. What a surprise, I had that with Kaitlyn, but I haven't been able to nap like I should and that is adding to it.

Jackson just loves to stay up at night and sleep all day. He is eating well for the most part, but we still have some nursing issues, learning each other. We went to the doctor yesterday for a weight and jaundice check. Jackson has elevated levels of the birlilum (sp?) and we had to check him again today. It is still really high and I now have to add an ounce or two of formula after a feed. Hopefully, this won't interfere with nursing too. We will have to get his levels checked out again tomorrow. We have him by the window for indirect sunlight too. We are hoping that today will maybe be an improvement.

He really hasn't been fussy at all except for when he gets really hungry, diaper change or something is wet that is on him like a wet wash cloth.

Yesterday, I turned the big 30 and I couldn't stop crying all day, even at the doctor's office. I am so happy that we were able to do a bday celebration early. Although, Brandon and Kaitlyn went to get me a cookie cake and that was pretty tasty.

It was bad yesterday and trying not to get too stressed out about call backs, etc. and leaving a lot to Brandon. Wow, he is doing a great job with Kaitlyn. The hard part is getting over this initial two weeks with Jackson and no sleep. More to come...

No comments: