Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Spring just got busier

The theme of this week is, "Even though the days are long, the years are short." This advice was given this week by a friend referring to our kids' baby and toddler years. I can't tell you how long these days are right now, especially when the kiddos don't sleep well.

Although, I have to say, Jackson is amazing me day by day. He just goes with whatever is going on and is so flexible. He slept three hours today in his afternoon nap and about two hours in his morning nap. We also got out for a playdate at the mall's indoor playground with some friends.

What wears me out the most when we go out is Kaitlyn's activity. She could not stay in the playground area today, she had to go out and explore stairs several times, push other kids and jump off of stuff and hit her head. I had thought we got past some of these things, but they always seem to come up when she is hungry, tired or overstimulated.

However, the more outings and excursions we have, the better she is getting. I can now go to a store for at least 20 minutes and she stays by me. That is a huge improvement in the last couple of months. She also played with her friends very nicely most of the time. She is very engaging and energetic.

She also did very well at church and did not run off. Sometimes I think what else can we do, but in Kaitlyn's case, she has a very strong-willed personality.

Through all of this today, Jackson is just hanging out and watching everything. He loved seeing other babies. He is so easy to please. I pray that he will keep this up because Kaitlyn has worn me out.

Today, I signed Kaitlyn and Jackson up for the music program for babies and toddlers called Kindermusik. I think I got a really good teacher too. This program is based in music and helps with the development of language, creativity and sets the stage for a musical foundation. I think this will be super for Jackson, but also Kaitlyn as she begins to explore other activities this year like dance. Kaitlyn always loved singing and music in her Mother's Day Out program. We also receive a lot of materials to do at home. With this, I hope Kaitlyn and Jackson do not inherit my lack of rhythm.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to overbook us. I think we would go insane. But this will be my first endeavor at trying to keep up with two kids with each one in an activity.

No comments: