Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Storytime



Lately, there seems to be a change in one of my two kids almost everyday. I either hear Kaitlyn becoming more articulate or see a new idea taking shape in her head. Jackson seems to hit a growth spurt every month and will not sleep until he his belly is full.

Last night was just so sweet. I know Kaitlyn had to see that I thought she was so endearing because she looked at me and played up to my "ahhhhs." Brandon came home around 6 pm from work and was then going at 7 pm to play basketball. Around 6:45 he was about to leave and Kaitlyn asked him to play with her. She asked if he was going somewhere and then asked where her shoes and coat were. She said she wanted to go too. She looks forward to him coming home everyday to play legos or color or anything else she finds for them to do. It was just so cute to see how she wanted him to stay. I always find that when he hasn't been here for the entire weekend that she misses him more. Last weekend he went on a short trip to Houston for a wedding.




I also think Jackson brings out the "mama" in Kaitlyn. He is so easy going and just goes with whatever is going on in the house. He hardly ever cries if Kaitlyn is crying unless he is super tired. The last couple of days Kaitlyn has been helping more to change diapers and even held him in her lap to read him Curious George. He was enjoying the story until she was loosing her grip on him. I asked if he was too heavy for her and she nodded emphatically. He is pretty solid and wearing six month outfits and a few 6-9 month sleepers.

No comments: