Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A New Beginning

This morning marks a big milestone for Kaitlyn. Her first day at Mother's Day Out, while her parents are crying their eyes out, being sentimental and trying to hold it together. Brandon was teary-eyed at work this morning ,and I felt as if I was moving in slow motion trying to remember every little moment. Coming back home was so empty and I felt so sad and teary-eyed.

I could tell she was ready to play when she walked into school at 9 am and immediately sat down at the table with two other children with a little snack. I took a couple of photos, kissed her on her forehead and walked out. She didn't even notice I was gone. I couldn't believe how easy it was. How exciting for Kaitlyn to be with other little friends and getting to sing, color, play on the computer and be with other children today!

When I came to pick her up at 2 pm, she was playing and I stood in the doorway with a couple of other parents. When she looked up and saw me, she came straight over. She started to cry and then I picked her up and she was fine. She was very, very tired because she didn't take a nap with the other kids. She immediately fell asleep on the way home and is now sleeping.



She colored a happy face today and her teachers had nothing but great things to say about Kaitlyn. She really had a good first day at Mother's Day Out! Yeah!!! Go Kaitlyn! I knew she would do fine and can't wait to see how she does next week. And on that note, I see what my parents meant when they used to tell me that I was growing up too fast or how they were so sad to see me go.

Here is a video of her practicing yesterday with her backpack on rollers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too true... feel for you guys... you are beginning to understand what us grandparents have already been through and why it is so wonderful and so hard at the same time to watch and be a part of a precious new citizen of the planet!!!... your own daughter (or son) must learn all these lessons as the journey begins to become able to make their own way!!!...With Kaithlyn it does seem so soon...only 18 months old! Loved these precious pictures of another milestone in her life...-Mom & Oma & Dad & Pa-pa

Shelley Roberts said...

Just think, before long she'll be heading off to Baylor!

Stephanie said...

Yep, Shelley, it'll be here soon...let's just hope Mommy keeps Kaitlyn's paci at home when she heads off to Baylor!