Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Starting Mother's Day Out TOMORROW!

I can't believe it! Kaitlyn is going to Mother's Day Out for the first time tomorrow.

We went this morning to a teacher orientation and to see her room. She is in room 11, which has a connecting room for more space. The room has toys, a toddler-sized table and chairs, and a little hook plus cubbie hole with her name. Her teachers are Ms. Kelly and Ms. Carol. There is a teacher's aide named Katie who has down syndrome and will be helping the teachers this year. Kaitlyn liked her and gave her a hug by the time we left. There are 10 kiddos in her age group, seven boys and three girls (including Kaitlyn). Kaitlyn's friends, Ian and Davis, are in the same class.

As soon as we entered the room she went to play with the toys. She came back to me only a couple of times, but really enjoyed the room. I think she will do really well in the program. I know she will miss our normal routine at home a little bit, and maybe her mommy. I will miss her. The time will fly though as I will be busy working on PR projects and errands.

It was just this time last year that she was starting to eat baby food, and I was still feeding her. Where does the time go? It is a bittersweet moment, but truly a happy moment for me to see her start to interact with other kids in a safe environment and learn new things like singing and more sign language. The teachers say most kids by the end of the year are singing like songbirds and signing a lot. I can't wait to see what she learns.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You are very brave! When Emma was around that age I went to observe a Mother's Day out program, and I came home tearing up...without even dropping her off! That's when I decided the timing wasn't right for us. ;)

It definitely sounds like Kaitlyn will have a good time, though. I know you both will do fine. She will have a blast. Now her mommy.... that's another story! ;)

Let us know how today went!